Thursday, June 18, 2015

Escaping Parker

Hi Guys, while I am gearing up for release day of my newest book, Escaping Parker 6/24/15, I have decided the first 3 weeks of sales I will be donating 30% of the proceeds to a battered womens shelter.

My book deals with Domestic Abuse, it's a very real situation, and the amount of women trying to escape is unfathomable. I have found an amazing place to donate to, The Coalition For Family Harmony, http://www.thecoalition.org/ . Not only does this place need monetary donations to continue helping survivors, it also needs a lot of supplies. There are so many women who flee with babies and children, and they need stuff. I am attaching their wish list of supplies they are desperately trying to collect. I will admit, when I saw the list, I had tears in my eyes, because these are all things I could never imagine having to struggle for. The list is below, I urge you all to see if you have any of these items you don't need or have never used to send directly to them, or you can send them to me, I will be making a donation as well as purchasing items from this list to bring to them in September. I want to be able to help these families, maybe bring a moment of relief to them that they have the things they need. If I could just do one thing to help them, so they don't have to worry about these small things on top of the huge issue at hand, then I have done something right. I wish I could take all these people, keep them safe, and house them myself, it's just not the reality of things.

My Author friends, they are looking for adult novels in spanish, children's books in Spanish, which of my friends have any book translated in Spanish that you can donate to give them. It would help so much, we all know how reading is an escape for some many, let's help them escape into a fictional world, help put a smile on their face with our AMAZING BOOK BOYFRIENDS. Thank you all for reading, and helping me on my mission here. I want to help so many people, and with every book I release a new cause is helped!

Email me if you would like to help so we can arrange anything for these families!!! authorftzele@gmail.com

Please note: all items are requested new or gently used.
  • Large first aid kits
  • Mini TV/VCR combo for children
  • Small children’s couch
  • Comfortable lounge chair
  • Children’s and Family DVDs
  • Durable silverwear
  • Baby plastic bowls, spoons, and sippy-cups
  • Plastic drinking cups
  • Craft and art supplies for play therapy
  • Hypoallergenic pillows
  • Board and family games
  • Pocket calendars/planners
  • Boxes of diapers (usually sizes 4, 5, and 6 are in most demand)
  • Spanish-language children’s books
  • Spanish-language adult novels
  • Gift certificates to Home Depot, Target, or Walmart

No comments:

Post a Comment